A STOOL SAMPLE COLLECTION STUDY TO DEVELOP A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL FOR DISTINGUISHING GASTROINTESTINAL LYMPHOMA FROM INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE IN CATSApril 25th, 2018 Posted by catharine Lymphoma, Oncology, Pain Studies 0 thoughts on “A STOOL SAMPLE COLLECTION STUDY TO DEVELOP A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL FOR DISTINGUISHING GASTROINTESTINAL LYMPHOMA FROM INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE IN CATS”
The study seeks to identify 50 cats that have a confirmed diagnosis of IBD or GI lymphoma (endoscopy/colonoscopy, surgery with biopsies or ultrasound guided FNA that confirms large cell lymphoma). Stool samples will then be collected from these cats. Tumor samples may ultimately be collected from cats undergoing surgical biopsies and formalin fixed. All cats that are eligible for the study will require pretreatment stool samples, a demographic sheet that will be filled out by the pet owner determining the age, breed, medications, etc., and a clinical report that will be filled out by the treating veterinarian that provides the disease diagnosis. Logistics associated with collection are as followed:
Trained veterinarians at the trial sites will evaluate each cat for eligibility.
Cats are eligible if they meet the following inclusion criteria:
- Cat has undergone a procedure (endoscopy, colonoscopy, laparotomy or ultrasound-guided FNA) for a diagnosis of IBD or GI lymphoma. FNA will only be accepted for those cats that have a diagnosis of large cell lymphoma
- Cat has a confirmed diagnosis of IBD or GI lymphoma
- Owner understands and signs informed consent
- Stool sample collected prior to treatment for IBD or GI lymphoma
Cats are not eligible if they meet any of the following exclusion criteria
- Cats diagnosed with any other cancer
- Cats receiving anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressive therapy
- Cats, that within the last 3 months, have had a positive fecal examination for parasitic, bacterial, or viral infection.
For a cat enrolled in the study to be considered complete, the stool sample and demographic data must be received by Sponsor and the site must have filled-out all clinical data on the online interface. The Sponsor will reimburse the pet owner by mailing him or her a gift card and ACI will reimburse the site for every 5 completed cases or at the end of the study.
This study is offered at the following locations:
Friendship Hospital for Animals
4105 Brandywine St. NW
Washington, DC 20016
Care Veterinary Center
1080 W. Patrick St.
Frederick, MD 21703
Veterinary Specialty Hospital – San Diego
10435 Sorrento Valley Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
Veterinary Specialty Hospital – North County
2055 Montiel Rd. #104
San Marcos, CA 92069
3927 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
13715 S. Cicero Ave.
Crestwood, IL 60418
1810 E. Belvidere Rd.
Grayslake, IL 60030
Boston West Veterinary Emergency and Specialty
5 Strathmore Road
Natick, MA 01760
The Life Centre
165 Fort Evans Rd NE
Leesburg, VA 20176
BluePearl – Southfield, MI
29080 Inkster Road
Southfield, MI 48034