This fully funded, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial will assess a potential new treatment for oral melanoma in dogs.
- Diagnosis of Stage III oral melanoma (not confined to lip)
- At least one measurable lesion with a longest diameter of ≥ 10 mm (≥ 15 mm short axis for lymph node lesions)
- Prior surgery acceptable (if performed at least 14 days prior to enrollment) if measurable disease remains which meets above criteria
- No lung metastasis
- No prior Oncept® melanoma vaccine
- Dog must weigh at least 3 kg (6.6 lb)
- Other study criteria may apply. The Investigator will decide if the dog is a good candidate for this study after examination.
- Investigational product or placebo once every 2 weeks for approximately 6 months (15 scheduled visits)
- All trial visits must occur at one of the designated trial clinics listed below
- Periodic lab work and thoracic radiographs (x-rays) will be performed to assess each dog’s overall health
- Owners are required to sign a consent form before their dog is enrolled, complete owner diaries at home and complete a single quality-of-life assessment question at each trial visit
- At study end, dogs are eligible to receive the investigational product in a separate clinical trial
Overland Park, KS
San Diego, CA
Additional study sites coming soon!